On this page we document the changes done in each API release since version 0.3.30. The newest API version is 1.0.5.
Version 1.0.5 (released on April 16th, 2019)
- Upgraded Selenium to version 3.141.59
- Removed some deprecated constants
Version 1.0.4 (released on January 21st, 2019)
- Improved exception deserialization to support more errors
- Better error logging if jul-to-slf4j redirection (optional) fails to load so it's easier to know what to do
Version 1.0.3 (released on October 29th, 2018)
- Improved service management allows more detailed insights into which services (e.g. Selenium nodes) are running on a VM
- More exceptions and status messages
Version 1.0.2 (released on September 3rd, 2018)
- Automatic video recording is now enabled by default. See Advanced Usage on how it can be controlled more extensively.
- We improved some internal code by using Java 7 or 8 features
Version 1.0.1 (released on August 20th, 2018)
- VMInfo now provides the VM attribute map via getAttributes()
- We deprecated some very old features which are no longer practically useful
Version 1.0.0 (released on July 30th, 2018)
- Use Selenium 3.11 by default without further configuration
- From this release on, we require Java 8 and if you are using Scala, Scala 2.12
- You can continue to use version 0.3.48 in case you need support for Selenium 2 or Java <8. Please let us know if you can't upgrade.
Version 0.3.48 (released on July 23rd, 2018)
- Improved exception handling
- This is the last release supporting Java 6 and Scala 2.11
- This is the last release still having Selenium 2 as the default (but can be switched to Selenium 3)
Version 0.3.47 (released on June 4th, 2018)
- Added definitions for the upcoming video recording feature
- Added support for Russian (RU) and Hungarian (HU) keyboard layouts
- Improved handling of service lifecycles
Version 0.3.46 (released on April 3rd, 2018)
- Additional internal features used by the TeCh Selenium Proxy
- Some small bugfixes for improved stability
Version 0.3.45 (released on January 22nd, 2018)
- Added a new VM action
Version 0.3.44 (released on January 8th, 2018)
- Improved seleniumVersion property to make a live switch possible (i.e. some Testcases using Selenium 2, some Selenium 3 and switching the version between runs - they can not be used in parallel at the same time)
- Some bugfixes, for example in exception handling
Version 0.3.43 (released on November 20th, 2017)
- Added seleniumVersion property in the Testcase section
- Added TeChCapabilityType enumeration for easier handling of TeChCapabilities
- Improved support for loading configuration from resources
Version 0.3.42 (released on September 4th, 2017)
- Added more efficient processing of events
- All Jars are now PGP signed
- Bugfix in getWebDriver(...) methods: method retries more often till timeout expires, making this method more reliable
- Less important bug fixes, e.g. to logging output
Version 0.3.41 (released on July 24th, 2017)
- Added exceptions and definitions for new features
- Removed support for legacy network configuration used by API versions before 0.3.16
- Bug and performance fixes
Version 0.3.40 (released on April 4th, 2017)
- Updated dependency versions
- New VM actions for mobile device scaling
Version 0.3.39 (released on February 22nd, 2017)
- Fixed a JavaDoc generation issue that lead to missing JavaDoc content
- Bugfixes for the REST client
Version 0.3.38 (released on November 28th, 2016)
- New internally used functions for unified REST client usage
- Bugfixes for new Selenium Testing
Version 0.3.37 (released on October 24th, 2016)
- Upgrade to Selenium version 2.53.1
- Backend Change: ordering of browser specific Selenium drivers like chrome-driver now no longer needed. The package can still be ordered to choose a specific version instead of the automatically chosen one.
- Bugfix of installCertificateForIE method
Version 0.3.36 (released on September 26th, 2016)
- More improved error messages
- Fix Firefox >= 48 with Marionette driver (currently this still needs some backend improvements and tests)
Version 0.3.35 (released on September 12th, 2016)
- Extended Javadoc descriptions for testcase API methods
- More exceptions and some improved error messages
- Internal code improvements for future features
Version 0.3.34 (released on August 29th, 2016)
- Improved error logging when getWebDriver fails
- Methods for native Android and IOS testing with Appium added
Version 0.3.33 (released on August 1st, 2016)
- Maintenance release to improve iOS web testing.
- iOS and Android web tests with Appium are now in public beta testing.
Version 0.3.32 (released on July 25th, 2016)
- Upgrade to Selenium version 2.53.0.
- Rework dependency structure to meet requirements of several Maven enforcer plugin rules.
- Include Appium functions, which will be publicly available and documented soon.
- Small bug fixes.
Version 0.3.31 (released on July 11th, 2016)
- Explicit stopping of Selenium node instances at stopNode, preventing some timeout issues.
- Prevent a rare case of an NPE in SSL debug output.
- Bugfix: changeKeyboardLayout function does now work properly, but is still not recommended for use; attribute keyboard-layout should be set on VM creation instead to prevent VNC misbehaviour.
- Bugfix: waitState does not wait if a VM is already destroyed.
Version 0.3.30 (released on June 13th, 2016)
- Improve exception messages of the VMNeverReadyException and throw it earlier in some cases.
- Create a merged version of Scaladoc and Javadoc in the Javadoc jar, so that IDEs can display Scaladoc information on our Scala classes if they can only read Javadoc.
- Bugfix: findVMs (introduced in 0.3.29) misbehaved in some cases.
This release received a small hotfix to the Javadoc jars:
- In the very first build, accidentally the Javadoc of the testcase-api was not built at all, as it did not contain any Scaladoc. This was hotfixed so all Javadoc jars contain the full Javadoc.